Portrait Photography Course Overview
This portrait photography course is designed to teach you everything you need to know, to take professional-quality portraits. You will learn how to work with different types of subjects, from individuals and groups, to children and pets. Professional portrait photographers will teach you how to take beautiful portraits with minimal equipment; how light affects your images and how to make the very best of any location.
Whether you would like to take flattering photographs of family and friends, or you are thinking of taking your photography further, this course will give you a great foundation in portrait photography with an emphasis on the importance of light and how to control it: natural light, flash and studio lighting.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of photo projects that will be reviewed and evaluated by your teacher, a professional photographer, there, to help you improve. By the end of the program, you’ll have created a portfolio of high-quality photos and you’ll have the skills and know-how to succeed in the world of portrait photography.
What you'll learn in this Course
- How to open your studio and start your own portraiture business
- How to work with individuals, groups, children, and pets
- How to master your camera, lenses, lighting and backdrops
- How to make the very most of natural light to enhance your subject and understand how subtle changes can dramatically improve your portraits
- How to relax and pose your models for the most flattering images
- How to capture moving subjects and candid shots
- How to photograph your subjects in their favorite environment to enhance your portraits
- How to use your camera’s built-in flash for fill-flash and backlit shots